Roofers Manchester | Roof Repairs Manchester | Roofing Repairs Manchester |
As professional roofing contractors we specialise in roof construction, roof replacement and roof repairs on homes and commercial roofs. We have extensive experience with a variety of roofing materials, including slate, tiles, bitumen, and metal.
Manchester Roofing Contractor
How much do Manchester roofing services cost?
The cost of a roofer in Manchester is subject to various factors including roof size, materials, labour, access, disposal fees, and any customisations. The cost determination significantly depends on the size of your roof since larger roofs demand more materials and labour.
The type of materials used contributes to another crucial factor, as different materials such as slate, tile come with differing price tags. Costs can also fluctuate with the complexity of the job and the level of expertise required.
Restricted access to the roof can impact the cost, particularly if it necessitates scaffolding or specialist equipment, disposal fees, such as the removal of old roofing materials will add to the overall cost.
Are you local roofers? What areas of Greater Manchester do you service?
The coverage of our roofing services extends to all areas in Greater Manchester, including Boothstown, Tyldesley, Eccles, and Worsley, Salford, Swinton, Rochdale, and Stockport amonst others. Additionally, we cover neighbouring areas, namely Cheshire, Sheffield, Liverpool,
At the heart of our roofing services, lies a team of professional roofers with extensive experience and expertise in handling diverse roofing projects. Our commitment directs towards providing top-quality service and ensuring customer satisfaction. Our capabilities encompass jobs of all sizes and levels of complexity.
In the face of roofing needs in Greater Manchester, we stand as your solution. We invite you to contact us today and entrust us with your roofing needs.
Roofing Repairs & Roofing Services
We provide a full suite of professional roofing services, specialising in maintenance, leak detection and resealing your roof's waterpoof barrier on all types of roofs across Manchester and Greater Manchester.
More Than Just Repairing Roofs
Our goal is to get your roof repaired quickly and get it back looking in tip-top condition. Wherever possible we use environmentally friendly materials and only use the best roofing materials giving you total peace of mind for today and the future.
Why Are You Looking For Roofing Repairs?
Manchester Roof Repairs
We regularly hear from homeowners who have questions about their roofs, they often tell us that they are:
1. Noticing damp patches on the ceiling or that their roof had been penetrated.
2. Concerned about the visual appearance of their roofs, having noticed missing tiles or debris accumulation.
3. Considering replacing parts of or their entire roof/roofs.
Are these the questions you are thinking about?
If they are, what has put you off doing something about it? Have you tried fixing the roof yourself? Don't know where to start ? Yes - we know how this feels.
This video explains what your options are and how these questions can be answered with our help.
Why Choose Us For Your Roofing Repairs in Manchester?
Looking for a "roof repair contractor"? You're in luck! We are here to help, we are one of the best roof repair companies in Manchester, specialising in repairing roofs quickly, reliably and affordably. We repair residential and commercial roofs in Manchester and throughout Greater Manchester. We are a team of experienced professional Manchester roofers who have been repairing roofs for decades.
We have over 30 years of compounded knowledge and experience in repairing roofs for homeowners and business owners throughout the Greater Manchester area.
All of our work comes with a fully backed guarantee that we stand by - no questions asked.
We only use the highest grade of building materials to make sure you roof will not suffer early damage due to poor grade materials or work.
We set out to provide you with the most competitive prices for our roofing repair services with sacrificing quality of work. Affordability Guaranteed.
All of our inspections and quotes are free with no obligation.
We have all the necessary liability insurance cover to give you complete peace of mind.
Roofing Repairs Near Me
You've searched for "roofing repairs near me" and found us, a Manchester based roofing contractor covering the whole of Greater Manchester with multiple crews who will quickly get to you and inspect your roof.
Being a local roof repair specialist and not part of a national franchise reduces down on our admin costs and allows us to give an affordable and personalised service based on your unique problem.
Our roof repair services cover repair detection, flat roofing repairs, tile repair and roof replacement. With quality workmanship guaranteed from our experienced tradesmen, you can trust that your roof will be in good hands, and with free estimates available, you can get started on your roof repairs immediately, without breaking the bank. To sum all this up, if you are looking for any of the following, we're the guys to call.
- Roof repair near me
- Roofing repair near me
- Roof repairs near me
- Best roof repair company near me
Get in touch now and you'll have the "best roofing repair contractors near me" fixing your roof in no time. We can provide you with a free quote and a roof inspection that will leave you better informed as to your options.
Our Roofing Repairs Process
4 simple steps to getting your roof repaired
You Get in Touch
Make an enquiry online, we will contact you and discuss your roofing issue.
An inspection will be scheduled at a convenient time, we can even do this if you are not at home.
Receive Your Quote
A detailed quotation will be sent to you breaking down the cost of the repairs and the timeframe.
Once the quotation has been accepted we will schedule your roof repair start date.
What factors affect my roof repair costs?
There are several factors that will influence the total roof repair cost. These costs are explained below:
The size of roof is the main factor to consider, roof repair costs are quoted based on the square footage (sqm) of the area that needs repair, this is due to the packaging of the materials that we will need to use for your roof repair.
The type of roof that needs repairing plays a significant role in determining repair costs, be it a pitched roof, flat roof etc.
The type of roof will govern our access to the affected area and determine whether we will need to use ladders or scaffolding. If scaffolding is required then the scaffold hire will be an additional cost.
The choice of roof replacement materials will have an impact on the total repair cost . The type, quality and availaibility of the required materials can vary sometimes significantly. High-quality materials obviously come at a higher price, but they do offer better durability and longevity.
On the other hand, opting for cheaper materials will reduce costs, but doing so will likely lead to additional roof repairs being required in the long run.
Different roofing materials, such as slate, tile, lead-flashing, metal, require the use of varying repair techniques. For example, repairing a metal roof may involve soldering or welding, while fixing a tile roof will require replacing damaged tiles. Dependent on the skills required for the roof repair, the total roof leak cost may be affected.
The severity of the damage is a critical factor in determining the cost of roof repairs. Minor issues, such as a few missing tiles or a small leak, can usually be fixed relatively inexpensively.
However, extensive damage, such as widespread leaks or structural issues, will require more extensive repairs and potentially even a complete roof replacement.
The more severe the damage, the higher the repair costs will be, a small roof leak cost will be considerably cheaper than a full roof replacement cost.
Labour costs are driven by time taken for the roof repair which can vary depending on factors such as the roofers required for the repair work and the urgency of the repair.
We aim to complete all roof repairs as quickly and economically as possible.
Manchester Roofing Repairs
Roofing Repair Overview
What causes a roof to let water through?
- Wear and tear
- Loose tiles
- Damaged roofing felt
- Bad weather (storms, falling trees)
MANCHESTER ROOFING - FAQ
You may be wondering, what causes roof damage in Manchester? The most common culprits are weather-related issues such as heavy rain, wind, and hail. Poor maintenance can also lead to damage over time. Stay on top of inspections to prevent costly repairs.
If you're wondering how long a typical roof repair takes, it depends on the extent of damage. Minor repairs can take a few hours, but major ones could take several days.
Yes, there are eco-friendly roofing options available for homeowners in Manchester. Consider options like green roofs, solar shingles, or recycled metal roofing. These options can reduce your carbon footprint and save you money in the long run.
A damaged roof can greatly impact your home's energy efficiency, causing your heating and cooling costs to skyrocket. Proper insulation and repairing any leaks or damage can improve your energy efficiency and save you money in the long run.
Homeowner's insurance coverage for roof repairs varies depending on the policy and the cause of the damage. It is advisable to review your insurance policy or consult with your insurance provider to understand the coverage details. Usually only damage caused by storms and unexpected weather can be covered and usually, wear and tear on roofs over time is not covered but you will need to check with your insurance.
It is recommended to have a professional roof inspection at least once a year, preferably in the spring or fall, to identify any potential issues early on and address them before they escalate.
Common types of roof repairs include fixing leaks, replacing damaged or missing shingles, repairing flashing around chimneys and vents, addressing gutter issues, fixing sagging or uneven areas, and addressing structural damage. The specific repairs required will depend on the condition and type of roofing material used.
Yes, there are several measures you can take to prevent the need for frequent roof repairs. Regular maintenance, such as keeping gutters clean, trimming overhanging tree branches, and inspecting the roof for any signs of damage, can help identify issues early on and address them promptly.
Additionally, ensuring proper ventilation and insulation in the attic can help prevent problems like ice dams and excessive heat buildup, which can cause roof damage.
Yes, a roof repair can be a DIY job for certain situations. Using roofing cement can be a viable option for DIY roof repairs, particularly for small cosmetic issues, temporary fixes, or emergency situations like a leak that needs immediate attention. Roofing cement is a strong material made of ground asphalt, commonly used to patch and repair minor holes and leaks in a roof.
While DIY repairs can be cost-effective for minor issues, it's crucial to have a professional evaluate the roof for complex damage to ensure long-term stability and prevent further costly repairs
Inspect your roofline for signs of damage like sagging, rotting, or missing fascia and soffit boards. Roofline inspections and repairs are crucial to prevent the occurance of further more expensive repair costs.
Timely roof repairs in Manchester are crucial due to the region's rainy and damp climate, which will eventually lead to water damage and structural issues.
A complete roof replacement may be necessary if your roof is extensively damaged, aged, or if repairs are becoming frequent.
It's essential to check with local authorities and adhere to any roofing regulations or permit requirements for roof repairs you are planning on in Manchester.
Proper attic ventilation is essential in Manchester to prevent moisture buildup, which can lead to mold growth and premature roof deterioration.
The Different Types of Roofs That We Repair
See more information here on the additional details on the different roofs that we repair. We are available 24/7 and cover all roofing repair services throughout Manchester and Greater Manchester. We cover all the towns and villages in Greater Manchester including Manchester City Centre, Bolton, Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Salford, Stockport, Tameside, Trafford and Wigan
Wherever you are in Greater Manchester we have you got you and your roofs covered.
When your commercial roof is leaking, it's essential to call a professional to undertake the repairs.
Don't try to fix it yourself, as you could end up causing more damage and costing yourself more money in the long run. There could also insurance implications to be aware of.
Instead, look for a reputable Manchester roof repair company who specialise in commercial roof repairs.
They will have the experience, skills, and tools to get the job done quickly and effectively.
Often this will require the use of a cherry picker and other specialist equipment to inspect and undertake root cause analysis.
Living under a cosy roof is every homeowner's dream come true. However, it can be a nightmare when your roof starts to show signs of wear and tear.
The last thing you want is to wake up one morning to find water damage on your ceiling or a leak that has caused significant damage to your property. Call us for a quote now.
If your have metal roof is leaking, there are several repair options to loook at. Metal roofs often leak due to worn-out or damaged screws and fasteners. Individually inspecting and replacing suspect screws and fasteners is labour-intensive and difficult, so we don't recommended this as a repair option.
Another option is to remove and replace the entire metal roof, but this can be very expensive with costs ranging from £15 to £20 per square foot and additional costs for labour.
On the other hand, there are coating options available for a more economical approach. One option is to install a roof coating system over the existing metal roof. The coatings can be applied by spraying or rolling over the existing roof, and the preparation includes replacing damaged metal, power washing, and adhesion tests. These coatings also come with warranties of 10, 15, or 20 years based on the thickness applied.
Alternatively, you can choose to install spray foam over the entire existing metal roof. However, it is important to note that spray foam is limited to application and may not be suitable for all areas.
A flat roof is a popular roofing option for commercial and residential buildings and is often constructed with EPDM rubber, metal, fiberglass or concrete.
However, they are prone to leaks and damage, especially if they are not properly installed or maintained. Metal Roofs are prone to corrosion and general wear over time.
If you need your flat roof repairing in Manchester, it's important to hire a professional roofing contractor who has experience working with the type of flat roofs that you have.
They will be able to assess the damage and recommend the best course of action.
Roof Repairs Manchester -
What Our Customers Think
" We are so happy with the roof repairs that Mike and the team undertook, they were reasonably priced as well."
" Great service and very responsive, our roof now looks as good as new."
Where to find us
Here are 100 things you should know about roofs in Manchester.
- Regularly inspect your roof in Manchester for any damage or issues needing repair.
- Know the age, material and condition of your Manchester roof to understand its maintenance needs.
- Asphalt shingles are the most common roof material seen on Manchester homes and buildings.
- Slate and tile roofs are also prevalent on older period homes in Manchester.
- Flat roofing is typically found on extensions and commercial buildings across Manchester.
- Ensure your Manchester roof has adequate ventilation to prevent moisture accumulation.
- Keep overhanging trees trimmed back from the roof to prevent damage from falling branches.
- Inspect flashing around chimneys, vents and roof joints in Manchester for signs of leaks or damage.
- Address small roof leaks quickly before they can cause serious water damage inside the home.
- Regular maintenance and cleaning will extend the lifespan of your Manchester roof.
- Hire qualified, licensed roofing contractors in Manchester when roof repairs are needed.
- Get multiple quotes for any major roof project in Manchester.
- Carefully inspect the roof for issues after major storms with high winds or hail.
- Gable roofs with triangular slopes are common on older terrace homes in Manchester.
- Mansard roofs with dual pitches are seen on some Manchester buildings.
- When replacing your roof in Manchester, look for ENERGY STAR rated shingles to reduce energy costs.
- Proper roof slope and drainage is crucial to prevent leaks, ice dams and other roof damage in Manchester.
- Inspect the underside of your Manchester roof from inside the attic at least once a year.
- Walking on a wet roof in Manchester can cause slipping and damage to shingles.
- Keep the roof clear of leaves, moss and debris which can lead to deterioration in Manchester.
- Ensure any trees or plants around the Manchester home don't come in contact with the roof.
- Avoid putting anything sharp on the roof in Manchester that could puncture shingles.
- Check for missing, cracked, curling or brittle shingles on your Manchester roof indicating repair or replacement needs.
- Loose granules and exposed felt on asphalt shingles reduces roof lifespan in Manchester.
- Inspect roof flashings in Manchester for cracks or deterioration allowing water intrusion.
- Ensure your Manchester roof has enough ventilation to prevent heat and moisture buildup.
- Use a roof rake to safely remove heavy snow from your Manchester roof.
- Address any leaks promptly to avoid damage to insulation, rafters and interior finishes in Manchester homes.
- Carefully inspect the roof after high wind events for lifted, damaged or missing shingles in Manchester.
- Check rubber boots around plumbing vent pipes on your Manchester roof for cracks needing resealing.
- Use roof jacks securely braced on steep pitches in Manchester to safely access gutters for cleaning.
- In Manchester, roofs with southern exposure often have shorter lifespans and more maintenance needs.
- When installing a new roof in Manchester, starter strips should be used along the bottom edges.
- Look for visible sagging in your Manchester roof structure which could indicate structural issues needing repair.
- Skylights on your Manchester roof should be professionally installed and regularly maintained.
- Ensure metal drip edge is installed around the roof perimeter in Manchester to protect fascia boards from water damage.
- Check for and replace any rotted or warped roof decking in Manchester when doing roof repairs.
- Make sure new roofing materials match on any Manchester home additions or dormers.
- Avoid walking on or placing heavy objects on your Manchester roof to prevent damage to shingles and structure.
- Inspect roof rafter tails in Manchester which often show signs of decay needing repair.
- Solar panels require extra planning and installation considerations on Manchester roofs.
- Use ice shields along the roof eaves in Manchester to help prevent ice dam leaks.
- Unpainted metal roofs in Manchester need regular inspection for rust spots indicating deterioration.
- Ensure your Manchester roofing nails are corrosion-resistant, properly sized and adequately driven in.
- Powered attic ventilators can help reduce heat and moisture issues for roofs in Manchester.
- In Manchester, roofs with multiple layers will often require full tear-off before installing a new roof.
- Carefully spread roof loads in Manchester if installing anything heavy like solar panels or an AC unit.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals or pressure washing when cleaning your Manchester roof as they can cause damage.
- Inspect the underside of wide roof overhangs in Manchester which are prone to peeling paint and rot issues.
- Ensure any protrusions through your Manchester roof like vents or chimneys are properly flashed and sealed.
- On flat roofs in Manchester, inspect for water ponding in low spots which can lead to premature failure.
- Have a professional inspect and certify your Manchester roof after storm damage before filing an insurance claim.
- Use a Manchester roofer who specializes in your particular roof type, whether shingle, metal, flat, etc.
- Historic slate roofs in Manchester may require specialist repair and maintenance techniques.
- Ensure your Manchester roof materials meet or exceed the building code wind and fire rating standards.
- Use ridge vents on your Manchester roof to allow hot air to escape from the attic area.
- Inspect the roof alignment on Manchester homes after earthquakes for any slipping or separation.
- Avoid cheap, low-quality materials when doing roof repairs in Manchester to prevent premature failure.
- Ensure your Manchester roofer properly disposes of old roofing materials which may contain asbestos.
- Hire a Manchester roofing company with an extensive portfolio of work on buildings similar to yours.
- On older Manchester roofs, have a professional inspect for asbestos-containing materials before doing work.
- When installing a new roof in Manchester, a permit is typically required from the local building authority.
- Carefully follow all roof loading limits and weight distribution requirements when installing anything on your Manchester roof.
- Inspect roof fastener caps for cracks allowing water intrusion which can cause deterioration in Manchester roofs.
- Ensure your Manchester roof has adequate anchoring to withstand high wind events common in the area.
- Seek multiple quotes from Manchester roofing contractors to find the best deal on your roof project.
- Verify any roofing contractor working on your Manchester roof carries adequate liability insurance and bonding.
- Ensure your Manchester roof warranty transfers to the new owner if selling your home.
- Roof certifications like GAF Master Elite can indicate a knowledgeable Manchester roofer.
- Historic roofs in Manchester may require custom fabricated materials matching the originals.
- Use Manchester roofers who follow best practices and codes for any roof repairs or replacement.
- In humid climates like Manchester, zinc strips can help reduce ugly black algae streaks on the roof.
- Roofs with steep pitches often experience faster runoff and debris buildup issues requiring preventative maintenance in Manchester.
- Ensure your Manchester roof has adequate clearance from fireplaces, chimneys and vents according to code.
- Carefully inspect roof penetrations in Manchester for proper sealing to prevent leakage.
- Consider installing leaf guards on gutters to reduce debris buildup causing overflow issues on your Manchester roof.
- Light-colored ENERGY STAR roofs in Manchester can reduce cooling costs by up to 20% over traditional materials.
- Avoid Manchester roofing contractors who recommend shortcuts that could void warranties or reduce roof longevity.
- Safety anchor points should be installed on roofs in Manchester to secure workers and prevent falls.
- Open valleys on shingle roofs in Manchester need regular inspection to ensure proper alignment preventing leakage.
- Inspect your Manchester roof for damage and make any needed repairs before winter weather sets in.
- Ensure your Manchester roofer has a solid reputation for quality workmanship and responsive customer service.
- Compare the costs and benefits of DIY roof repairs versus hiring a professional Manchester roofer.
- Carefully read the fine print when signing any roof installation or repair contract in Manchester.
- Manchester building codes include specifications for roof structure, materials, drainage, ventilation and more that must be followed.
- Make sure your Manchester roofing company pulls any required permits and arranges for inspections.
- Take pictures of your Manchester roof before and after repair or installation work to compare the finished product to the original state.
- Avoid putting off needed roof maintenance and repairs in Manchester which often leads to extensive water damage and high repair bills.
- Check that your Manchester roofer follows all safety regulations and adequately secures the work zone.
- The most qualified Manchester roofers will have advanced manufacturer certifications indicating specialized product knowledge.
- Inspect your Manchester roof immediately after stormy or windy weather for lifted or damaged shingles needing repair.
- Ensure your Manchester roofer takes measures to protect landscaping and property when doing roof work.
- Discuss options for energy efficient roofing with your Manchester roofer to find the optimal balance of sustainability and affordability.
- Carefully check reviews, credentials and references for any roofer you are considering hiring to work on your Manchester roof.
- Ensure roof access ladders on commercial buildings in Manchester include proper safety cages.
- Roof structure failures are often preceded by observable sagging requiring prompt strengthening repairs in Manchester.
- Properly maintained roofs in Manchester can last 40 years or longer depending on the material and installation quality.
- Check your Manchester roof after big storms for debris that could clog drains or gutters leading to water backup issues.
- Hire a Manchester roofer offering a long workmanship warranty and ensuring your satisfaction before final payment.
- Protecting your Manchester roof through regular maintenance, repair and replacement as needed is essential to prevent costly water damage